- It is our policy to prevent injury and ill health to ensure safety of ourselves and other persons including the protection of environment and assurance delivery of quality services.
- We will adhere to the highest standards for the quality and safe operation of the activities, protection of ourselves, customers, citizens of the community and the environment in which we operate. We engage ourselves proactively with our customers and interested parties in order to understand, meet and exceed their requirements, committed to protecting the environment and preventing injury and ill health.
- We are committed to protecting the environment and preventing injury and ill health and complying with all the legal requirements and the requirements of the interested parties that amount to our compliance obligation.
- We are committed to provide drug and alcohol free work environment. Stringent disciplinary and legal actions are part of this policy.
- We consult with our workers and their representatives in the matter of health and safety that enables us to address the concerns and identified hazards. We analyze all the accidents and near misses and ensure that there is an organizational learning from those events that enhance our preventive posture.
12 Golden Safety Rules
- Rule no. 1 HIGH-RISK SITUATIONS: You must not - Smoke outside designated areas, Work or drive under the influence of alcohol, Work or drive under the influence of drugs. You must - Assess all risks prior to the start of non-routine or routine works, Report all hazardous situations to management, monitor them, take appropriate measures to mitigate the risks and formally notify the personnel concerned, Follow start-up and shutdown procedures and check progress.
- Rule no. 2 TRAFFIC: You must not - Exceed the speed limit and authorized driving time, Use a mobile phone while driving. You must - Check condition and conformity of vehicles and machinery before use, Wear your seat belt, Use designated pedestrian paths/sidewalks and hold the handrail when taking the stairs.
- Rule no. 3 BODY MECHANICS AND TOOLS: You must not - Use defective tools or tools not intended for the task or the area where the work is being performed, Use a tool, including those for pressure tests, under conditions that exceed the manufacturer's specified design limits. You must - Use the tools specified in the work permit or procedures and adapt your body mechanics to the tool rating and repetitive nature of the task.
- Rule no. 4 PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: You must not - Cross a barrier or reposition protective equipment without authorization. You must - Wear the designated personal protective equipment (PPE) for the area and task and check its condition before use, Wear a life jacket whenever required, Report any damage or malfunction of safety barriers.
- Rule no. 5 WORK PERMITS: You must not - Perform any work without an approved work permit. You must - Assess risks before starting work, Use any required additional permits, Re-issue a work permit if the conditions on the original permit change or the work procedure is modified.
- Rule no. 6 LIFTING OPERATIONS: You must not - Walk or stand under a suspended load. You must - Perform a risk assessment, implement the lift plan and clearly mark out the area, Ensure all lifting equipment and gear is fit for purpose, in good condition and regularly inspected, Check that the load is securely slung and bundled, Designate a signaler and control the moving load at all times.
- Rule no. 7 POWERED SYSTEMS: You must not - Begin any work until you have checked that all energy and fluid sources have been solated, (unless you are specifically authorized to do so). You must - Follow the isolation plan and supervision instructions attached to the work permit, Check all isolations, locks and tags before performing any work and remove them before restarting operations.
- Rule no. 8 CONFINED SPACES: You must not - Enter a confined space without checking isolations and all atmospheric hazards. You must - Cover suffocation, falls, explosion, crushing, drowning and other risks in the specific work permit, Ensure that you will be continuously monitored, Have and emergency response and rescue plan.
- Rule no. 9 EXCAVATION WORKS: You must not - Place machinery or spoil pile within one meter of a trench being excavated. You must - Perform excavation work with a permit comprising a map of all buried hazards, Apply precautions for work in confined spaces, as necessary, Clearly mark all excavation areas and identify underground structures.
- Rule no. 10 WORK AT HEIGHT: You must not -Work under or near power lines with out respecting the minimum safe clearance distance, Work on building or tank roofs without first checking their integrity and ensuring that the appropriate protective devices have been installed, Move a deployed mobile elevated work platform. You must - Put away tools when working at height, Use a safety harness that is safely anchored, outside fixed barriers or in an MEWP, Use scaffolding that is fit for purpose and has been inspected.
- Rule no. 11 CHANGE MANAGEMENT: You must not - Make technical or organizational changes without getting prior authorization. You must - Have a risk assessment and apply mitigation measures, Give workers appropriate training and update all relevant documentation.
- Rule no. 12 SIMULTANEOUS OPERATIONS: You must not - Perform simultaneous operations or co-activities without completing a preliminary field check. You must - Conduct a risk assessment with the personnel concerned, Increase supervision and appoint a duly authorized coordinator.